Bestmed shall be trusted as the scheme of first choice to access quality healthcare.
The mission of Bestmed is to operate a non-profit mutual medical scheme in terms of the Act, in a financially responsible manner, so as to give its members cover for their healthcare expenses by:
- Using members’ contributions and other income effectively and wisely
- Operating and administrating one or more benefit options and/or schemes
- Striving for a balanced growth in membership
- Rendering healthcare services
- Negotiating with providers of service for the supply of high quality, cost-effective services
CORE VALUES OF STRATEGIC DECISION MAKERS
In the execution of its Mission, Bestmed will pursue the interests of its members and participating employers
- by managing the affairs of the Scheme effectively on an innovative, ethical and moral basis;
- by maintaining good relations with all interest groups;
- in accordance with accepted commercial practices and economic norms; and
- by using expert and motivated employees and appropriate technology.